In order to protect your business from cyberattacks and data loss, it’s important to have a cybersecurity plan in place that safeguards your IT assets and addresses all of your system’s vulnerabilities. With managed cybersecurity services, you can rest assured that your data and information systems are protected from a variety of threats. Relying on a managed cybersecurity partner is the foundation of a strong security strategy that can stand up to today’s evolving threats.
What are managed IT services?
With managed IT, your business has access to a full team of IT experts. They are equipped to provide a range of services related to maintaining and protecting your IT assets, freeing up your in-house IT staff to focus on business-critical tasks. For smaller businesses, outsourcing to a managed provider can make necessary IT services affordable as you won’t have to pay for any full-time staff. A managed IT provider may provide remote help desk, cloud migration, and backup, proactive support, as well as a range of cybersecurity services.
Managed cybersecurity comprises 24/7 monitoring and security services such as incident management, intrusion detection, and vulnerability testing. Because a managed cybersecurity provider has specialized experience with cyber threats, they are familiar with the latest techniques today’s cyber attackers are using and know exactly what to do to keep your systems safe.
Why managed services offer the best frontline defense against cyber threats
The reality is, cybercrime is a very formidable threat. According to the FBI’s Internet Crime Report, the cost of cybercrime reached $2.7 billion in 2018. With a range of threats and the increasingly sophisticated techniques attackers are using, it’s critical to have the latest cybersecurity solutions in place, as well as a plan for dealing with intrusions when they happen.
This is why so many small and mid-sized businesses are turning to managed IT services to ensure they’re doing everything possible to safeguard their IT. With a managed cybersecurity partner, you gain total confidence in your systems because you can count on dynamic solutions.
Here are the reasons your business needs a managed cybersecurity partner:
- Proactive approach – Instead of chasing threats and patching up holes, your managed services provider can assess your systems and recommend actionable steps your business should take to reduce the risk of an attack.
- Business continuity – The reality is, cyberattacks are a part of life for today’s SMBs. A report from The Manifest found that more than one in 10 small businesses faced either a hack, a virus, or a data breach in 2019. This is why cybersecurity best practices extend far beyond antivirus software and firewall management. You also need a solid backup and disaster recovery plan in place to prevent downtime, which your MSP can provide.
- Superior threat detection – With a cloud-based solution and remote monitoring, you don’t have to worry about unknown threats infiltrating your systems. An experienced managed cybersecurity partner can detect unknown threats with AI and behavior analysis.
- Employee training – Keep your systems safe by keeping your staff well-informed. An MSP will train your employees on how to recognize malware and phishing attacks, as well as what steps they can take to prevent attacks.
- Protection against financial loss – A cyberattack can financially devastate a small business. The average cost of a cyberattack today is $200,000, which is enough to put many SMBs out of business. This is why partnering with a trusted managed services partner isn’t just a smart move to reduce risk — it could save your business.
A cyberattack can lead to costly data loss, downtime, and reputation damage. For some businesses, recovering after an attack or a data breach is next to impossible. Instead of leaving your business open to a threat, take cybersecurity seriously. Follow standard best practices and ensure your IT assets are looked after by cybersecurity experts.